O'Brien County Treasurer:
Phyllis Rohlfsen, Appointed in January, 2011.
Front left to right : Magan Horstmann, Phyllis Rohlfsen-O'Brien County Treasurer, Laura Scroggin.
Back left to right: Sharon Johnson and Missy Hattermann.
The Tax Department is responsible for:
- Collecting all property taxes, Mobile Home Tax, Special Assessments, and Drainage Tax.
- Investing all county funds.
- Apportioning all tax dollars and sending to appropriate school, city, or other taxing body.
- Maintaining all bookkeeping functions.
- Holding the annual Tax Sale.
Taxes are due in SEPTEMBER and MARCH, and BECOME DELINQUENT on October 1st, and April 1st.
To pay your taxes online go to:
Tax statements are mailed once a year, in August.
The Tax Year begins on July 1st, and ends on June 30th.