POET Bioprocessing Scale Technician
POET4970 26th Street, Ashton, IA 51232 712.724.5200
POET Bioprocessing, located in Ashton, IA, produces 56 million gallons of ethanol annually and is the 18th ethanol plant built by POET Design & Construction and the 12th plant to be managed by POET who began building ethanol plants in the 1980s. With cooperation of the many local leaders and in partnership with members of the agricultural community and the state political leadership, POET Biorefining is excited to bring more value-added agriculture to the state of Iowa. Ethanol production by POET Bioprocessing consumes about 16 million bushels of corn from the region and provides not only an environmentally friendly fuel, but also a valuable high quality livestock feed for local, regional and national markets. POET Bioprocessing began full production in April 2004.
As a Scale Technician, core duties are operating the grain scale(s) and the computer systems to ensure the quality of inbound and outbound products. The Scale Technician will also be responsible for clerical duties related to the grain origination/merchandising operations within the local grain team including contract administration, ticket application and grain settlement processing. The successful candidate will have excellent organizational, multi-tasking, interpersonal, and computer skills; the ability to communicate effectively; the ability to enter data accurately; provide customer service in a confidential manner; and possess analytical skills. The Scale Technician reports to the local Commodity Manager.
THIS JOB MAY BE FOR YOU IF…
You demonstrate the following competencies:
- In-depth experience in all aspects of Customer Service and Customer Relations.
- One (1) to five (5) years of administrative assistant or accounting experience or other agriculture customer service experience preferred with a demonstrated background of success.
- Grain accounting experience is helpful and preferred, but not required.
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Able to exercise good business judgment and discretion.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and OneNote and the ability and willingness to learn new software applications.
- Excellent organizational skills, communications skills (written & verbal), the ability to multi-task, and most importantly, the ability to work well within a team.
POET is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). POET complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding hiring and employment. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Apply online at https://www.poet.com/careers/
A TYPICAL DAY (if there is one)
- Operate truck scales and computer systems and promote excellent customer service with external customers/grain haulers at all times.
- Have thorough knowledge of grain receiving/grading procedures.
- Accurately grade all quality factors of inbound grains such as corn and wheat.
- Scale ticket application to contracts.
- Setting up new grain accounts in grain accounting systems.
- Grain settlement instructions and input into grain accounting system.
- Telephone reception when needed.
- Grain contract administration; filing contracts, mailing contracts (inbound & outbound mail), managing contract signatures and maintain audit ready contract files.
- Grain settlement printout and mailing settlements & checks.
- Manage timely settlement of all grain deliveries.
- Assist with rolling contracts, contract adjustments, etc.
- Assist in processing, managing and paying deferred payment of contracts.
- Provide support to Grain Buyers on contract overruns/underfills.
- Provide support to Grain Buyers on delinquent deliveries.
- Providing information and records to grain auditors (internal & external).
- Maintaining grain settlement and check files (paper or electronic).
- Reviewing accuracy of grain contracts/grain settlements.
- Monitor grade discounts for accuracy prior to settlement.
- Grain Buyer support/backup.
- Maintain a very high level of customer service with a positive, friendly attitude.
- Maintain a team environment with all other departments of the bio-refinery and external POET offices at all times.
- Perform housekeeping duties necessary to maintain a clean work inside and outside of the scale house area.
- Champion POET in the community.
- Work in an honest and ethical manner; maintain confidentiality on all business related matters.
- Other duties as assigned.