POET Material Handler
POET4970 260th Street, Ashton, IA 51232 712-724-5200
At POET, it is our mission to be good stewards of the Earth by converting renewable resources to energy and other valuable goods as effectively as humanly possible. For over thirty years our drive and passion to change the world has enabled us to become the largest producer and marketer of bioethanol and leader in bio-based products in the world. Beyond our world-class culture, POET team members enjoy competitive pay and benefits including;
- $18-$20 per hour
- Schedule: Monday to Friday from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM, with occasional weekend shifts as required.
- Attractive Relocation Assistance and Bonus Programs for qualifying positions and/or locations
- Competitive pay, including shift premium pay for qualifying positions
- Quarterly Profit-Sharing Bonuses, and Bi-Annual Incentive Bonuses
- Individual and family plans for health, dental, & vision insurance, including a generous employer Health Savings Account contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- A multifaceted wellness program encompassing the whole person – mentally, physically, and spiritually
- Onsite fitness centers or fitness reimbursements
- 401K with company match
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Excellent work-life balance with a 'family-first' culture
- Safety and cold weather gear reimbursements
- Discounted home and auto insurance
STRENGTHS OF A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience requirements:
- Material Handler I: No experience required.
- Material Handler II: Documented successful performance as a Material Handler I or equivalent work experience required.
- Experience and knowledge in the operation of heavy machinery, skid loaders or other associated heavy loading or material-moving equipment preferred.
- Experience in truck loading and unloading, including rail tank car and tanker truck preferred.
- DOT certification preferred.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills as well as the ability to embrace change.
- You know the basics of Microsoft Office Suite. You’re capable of learning new programs.
GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES WITHIN POET
At POET we believe in recognizing team member contributions as they add value to the organization. Team member skills and contributions are frequently assessed and recognized through incentives and title progression. New team member titles and pay are determined considering their qualifications.
- Culture is king at POET. We’re all on the same team. We always communicate. And we park our egos at the door. These aren’t just slogans on our walls. It’s the way we do things at POET.
- This position is largely self-directed and requires a thorough understanding of company policy, procedures, and values. Team members will be required to adhere to all safety requirements at all times and in all work environments. This position is exposed to work in multiple environments, including plant, laboratory, as well as an office environment. The team member may be exposed to high noise levels, moving mechanical parts, dusty conditions, internal and external temperature/weather conditions, and chemicals.
- Due to the physical and safety sensitive nature of this job, you will be subject to a physical and expected to pass a drug screen during the pre-screen process. During employment, you’ll be subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
- Specific physical requirements may include:
- Occasionally lifting weight up to sixty (60) pounds.
- Climbing several flights of stairs and ladders.
- Opening valves.
- Occasionally bending, twisting and turning while lifting weight of less than fifty (50) pounds.
- Data entry while seated for greater than one (1) hour.
- Walking up to two (2) or more miles per day.
- Pushing brooms, shovels, etc.
- Working at heights, in confined spaces and at temperatures from -20 to +100 degrees.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Using hand and power tools.
POET is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). POET complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding hiring and employment. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Apply Online at POET Material Handler
The Material Handler is responsible for loading Dried Distillers Grains, Bioethanol, POET Distillers Corn Oil, POET Wet Distillers, Distillers Syrup, or Biomass into trucks and rail cars. Team members in this position use mechanical equipment, meters or scales as well as computers and software equipment when loading products to ensure a timely delivery and product safety. Based on training provided, the Material Handler may also complete the grading of grain products or biomass.
Schedule: Monday to Friday from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM, with occasional weekend shifts as required.