POET Temporary Facilities Laborer
POET4970 26th Street, Ashton, IA 51232 712.724.6604
At POET, it is our mission to be good stewards of the Earth by converting renewable resources to energy and other valuable goods as effectively as humanly possible. For over thirty years our drive and passion to change the world has enabled us to become the largest producer and marketer of bioethanol and leader in biobased products in the world. Beyond our world-class culture, POET team members enjoy competitive pay and perks including;
- A multifaceted wellness program encompassing the whole person – mentally, physically, and spiritually
- Onsite fitness centers or fitness reimbursements
- Safety and cold weather gear, and more!
STRENGTHS OF A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Pursuing or completion of a high school diploma or equivalent education
- Valid Driver’s license
- Practical decision-making
- General safety awareness and willingness to take direction on task completion
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently on various projects
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills as well as the ability to adapt to change
- You know the basics of Microsoft Office You’re capable of learning new programs
At POET we believe in developing our team members to their highest potential and recognizing contributions that add value to the organization. Each new team member’s position and compensation are carefully determined by considering their unique qualifications and skillset.
- Culture is king at We’re all on the same team. We always communicate. And we park our egos at the door. These aren’t just slogans on our walls. It’s our code
- This position is largely self-directed and requires a thorough understanding of company policy, procedures, and values. Team members will be required to adhere to all safety requirements at all times and in all work This position is exposed to work in multiple environments, including plant, laboratory, as well as an office environment. The team member may be exposed to high noise levels, moving mechanical parts, dusty conditions, internal and external temperature/weather conditions, and chemicals.
- Due to the physical and safety sensitive nature of this job, you will be subject to a physical and expected to pass a drug screen during the pre-screen process. During employment, you’ll be subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
- Specific physical requirements may include:
- Occasionally lifting weight up to sixty (60) pounds.
- Climbing several flights of stairs and ladders.
- Opening valves.
- Occasionally bending, twisting and turning while lifting weight of less than fifty (50) pounds.
- Data entry while seated for greater than one (1) hour.
- Walking up to two (2) or more miles per day.
- Pushing brooms, shovels, etc.
- Working at heights, in confined spaces and at temperatures from -20 to +100 degrees.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Using hand and power tools.
POET is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). POET complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding hiring and employment. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Apply online at POET Temporary Facilities Laborer
The Temporary Facilities Laborer is assigned responsibility for the commercial building site in regards to cleaning, maintenance, and process support, to ensure the surrounding environment is in a suitable, clean condition to work.
DURING A TYPICAL DAY (IF THERE IS ONE)...
- General landscaping and lawn care: watering, mowing and weed maintenance, trimming and replacing shrubs, applying lawn fertilizers, etc.
- Internal and external building cleaning and maintenance; glass window cleaning, painting of hand rails, equipment or guards, light bulb replacement, general area clean up,
- Access to and usage of facilities equipment to complete work throughout this
- Support of general facility projects and repairs; picking up parts, assisting with equipment repair, cleaning equipment components, shadow various technician roles
- Operating POET fleet vehicles for maintenance service and cleanup
- Foster a culture of safe behavior and environmental compliance at all times
- Maintain a team environment at all times and champion POET in the community
- Since we’re all about teamwork and getting the job done, your skills may be put to a lot of other uses!