Career Day Scholarship 2024
O’Brien County Career Day Scholarship Guidelines
Talented workforce recruitment has become a strategic priority for O’Brien County Career Day. The annual O’Brien County Career Day is a day set aside for High School Sophomores, where they have the opportunity to explore the many careers available to them right here in O’Brien County. To expand on that initiative, we have created a scholarship program to assist in incentivizing our area’s top talent to return or stay in O’Brien County. We are proud of our local talent. O’Brien County has educated many qualified individuals over the years and our local employers have many quality jobs available, with great pay and benefits, for those highly qualified individuals to pursue. Our goal with this program is to do what we can to encourage those former students to consider coming back and/or continue to make O’Brien County their home and create or pursue the career of their choice locally.
- O’Brien County Career Day is partnering with local businesses to award (2) $500 scholarship to eligible applicants in 2024.
- Scholarship winner will be awarded a check that can be used towards student loan debt, other educational expenses, or similar expenses that assist in the preparation for their career or business in O’Brien County.
To be Eligible You Must:
- Have received or will receive a high school diploma or high school equivalency diploma in 2017 to 2023 from a participating school (Sheldon, Hartley-Melvin-Sanborn (HMS), South O’Brien, or MMCRU), AND
- Be or will be employed or self-employed in O’Brien County, AND/OR
- Be or will be a resident in O’Brien County.
- Return the following year as a guest of honor to the O’Brien County Career Day.
Scholarship Application Process:
- Applicant will need to complete the scholarship application and approve of a material request from high school to confirm graduation.
- Scholarship finalists will have a face-to-face or online video conference interview with the Scholarship Advisory Board if necessary.
- Scholarship applications must be received by April 5.
- Scholarship application review and finalist interviews, if necessary, will take place between April 5 and April 19.
- Scholarship will be awarded at recipient’s career day.
O’Brien County Career Day Scholarship Application
Name: ________________________________________________ Date: ____________________
Current Address: ______________________________________________________________________
E-Mail: _____________________________________ Phone Number: _________________________
High School Attended: __________________________________________________________________
Date of Graduation or High School Equivalency Diploma Received: ___________________
Please answer the following questions using 1-3 short paragraphs per question:
(Please include a separate document with your responses)
- What is your current job and/or future career plans?
- What is either drawing you back to O’Brien County or encouraging you to stay?
- How would you utilize this $500 scholarship, if awarded?
Return all information by April 5, 2024 to:
O’Brien County Economic Development
PO Box 616
160 S. Hayes
Primghar, IA 51245
Or email to: email@example.com
Subject line: O’Brien County Career Day Scholarship-(LAST NAME)